Estes Park Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and 5K , now part of the 2020 “Do the Distance Virtual Race Series
June 21 - September 12$60
Due to the COVID19 pandemic and the uncertainties regarding safety, we are sadly canceling the 2020 Estes Park Marathon & Half Marathon races.
We hope you and your loved ones continue to remain safe and COVID19 free as Colorado, and the rest of the USA, begins to open businesses. Through this process, our team respects the need for social distancing and the successes of ‘Safer at Home’ guidance provided by health officials. While our races are outdoors, they require a significant amount of resources to make it safe for your participation. As an alternative, we considered many scenarios for postponing our races, but with current uncertainties there is too much at risk. Sadly, we are canceling the 2020 in-person Estes Park Marathon & Half Marathon races. As a result, it is our hope that our community will remain protected and healthy. We wish the same for your community, too!
For the love of running, we are offering heartfelt motivation options by going virtual. We understand there is no substitution for our exceptionally scenic courses, but please consider that you’re now training for 2021. : ) We want to stay motivated alongside you and plan to keep on running! Chin up and let’s do this!
Information & Registration for 2020 “Do The Distance” Virtual Race Series
The Colorado Mountain Half Marathon Series partner events are going virtual in an effort to keep the communities, the participants, staff, and volunteers safe. We will return in 2021, but for this year we challenge you to “Do the Distance” while supporting each of the events non-profit missions.
While we may not be able to be together in person, the three events that comprise the Colorado Mountain Half Marathon Series all benefit important youth programs in their communities and besides, we all love a good challenge. So we invite you to join us for the “Do the Distance” 39.3 challenge. The best part, you can do anywhere from 5K to the full 39.3 Mile challenge and you can decide how you want to complete them such as three 13.1 mile runs/walks, or you can break it up into as many days and miles as you need to get up to 39.3. You will have from now until mid-fall (2020) to complete the challenge.
What you get:
- 🤗You decide to do any distance from 5K to the full 39.3 Mile challenge at your own pace through June 24 – September 12
- 👕Custom-designed poly blend short sleeve shirt
- 🏅Custom “Do the Distance” medal
- 🎉Special kick-off opening ceremony on June 21 live stream
- 📝Virtual challenge account where you can log your miles and see how you are stacking up against others in a fun non-competitive way.
- 🎁Opportunity to earn some free swag
- 📷A place to post your photos of your journey and share with others and on social
- 🌐Blogs about the history of each area, the events, and more fun tidbits
- 🤑15% discount off of the series or any of the series events in 2021
- 😁and feeling great about doing the challenge while supporting the amazing youth programs all of the iconic partner events provide.