- This event has passed.
Climb 4 Change
May 11 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm MDT$15 – $45
Climb4Change is a unique racing event that raises money and awareness for the Town of Castle Rock’s Adaptive Recreation program. Volunteers, businesses, and families with children with cognitive and physical disabilities band together for the race up the 200-step Challenge Hill built into the side of a mountain at Philip S. Miller Park.
Participants ascend 178 feet as they climb to make a positive impact on the community. Since Climb4Change’s inception, program registration has increased 70 percent and the event has raised thousands of dollars to ensure everyone in the community has access to recreational opportunities.
It’s a race and a fundraiser
Think of a 5K, but instead of running 3 miles, you are racing up the stairs of the Challenge Hill at Philip S. Miller Park. Funds raised at the Climb4Change fundraiser are used to provide scholarships, to purchase adaptive equipment, and to provide access to a wide variety of activities in a safe, respectful, and ability-focused environment.
There are five different events to choose from:
- Race to the Top – one time, that’s it! Can you beat the course record?
- Trail Race – up the stairs, down the trail. You’ve got 30 minutes.
- ClimbNRun 5K – Climb the stairs, down the switchbacks, and run the trail!
- Power Hour – up and down, up and down, up and down… for 60 minutes!
- – this untimed event allows you to support adaptive recreation in a non competitive way. Once up the stairs and down the trail, includes shirt and medal. This can be done at any time during the event except at the start of any of the above races.