- This event has passed.
Cattle Crossing 5K & Family Fun Trek
June 2 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am MDT$20 – $35
Join Parker Parks and Recreation at Tallman Meadow Park for our second annual Cattle Crossing 5K and Family Fun Trek with RNK Running & Walking. One of our most scenic events in our run series, this stimulating 5K course meanders through the historic Idyllwilde community under majestic tree canopies, past many feeder trails, and next to a small creek. Many will catch a glimpse of animals along the trail whether it be various birds, deer, or cattle so be sure to keep your eyes open! Keeping with the rustic theme of the event and getting in touch with Parker’s roots, western attire and cowboy hats are encouraged! (Running in cowboy boots is not recommended however).
• Themed run or walk with family, friends, and community members!
• A unique custom designed commemorative item – not a shirt for this event!
• Overall and age group awards
• Professionally timed event with results posted online same day (unofficial results will be posted at the event)
• Pancakes from Flippin’ Flapjacks (GF available upon request)
• Chance to win a variety of prizes just for showing up!
• USA Track & Field Certified 5K Course
• Early race material pickup for pre-registered at a local running store (Thursday & Friday before)
• FREE downloadable finish photos available on this site within 72 hours of the event finish!
• Access to local event sponsors at the race
• FREE Kids’ dash following the conclusion of the 5K
• Dogs and strollers are welcome (will need to stay to the right and single file for safety)
Register by May 14 to be guaranteed your commemorative item on race day (highly recommended). Pre-registration closes Wednesday, May 16 at noon and standard online registration closes Wednesday, May 30 at noon. On-site registration will be available at packet pickup at RNK Running & Walking.